This is a simple yet elegant twist on a classic summer vegetable. Let the flavor of zucchini shine through in this super fresh dish!
- 2 lemons (Meyer lemon works best for this dish but regular are fine, too)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 cups spiralized green zucchini (some stores have this available pre-cut)
- 2 cups spiralized yellow zucchini
- 8-10 roasted lemon slices, cut in half
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted and salted sunflower seed kernels (available pre-roasted and salted in the produce/bulk dry goods aisle of the grocery store)
- 2 to 3-ounce piece of ricotta salata cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lemon, fresh
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice lemon thinly, about ⅛-inch thick. Remove any seeds. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on a little sea salt.
3. Roast at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the lemon slices are browning with slightly dark edges.
1. Toss the spiralized zucchini in a bowl with salt and pepper, roasted lemon slices, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Mound the ribbons onto your serving platter and sprinkle the seeds and blueberries on top.
2. Grate (with a microplane) or shave (with a vegetable peeler) the ricotta salata over the top of your salad.
3. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve.