- 1 pound chicken hardwood smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoon dry (no salt added) jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
Add olive oil and sausage to a large non-stick skillet.
Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned.2.
Stir in onion, bell peppers and Jerk seasoning, mixing until well blended.
Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in pineapple.
Remove from heat.3.
Serve over cooked rice.
Chef Jamika's top tips for this recipe:For those counting calories, this dish is better for you since you're using chicken sausage instead of pork.
No time to cut up vegetables?
Simply use frozen sliced peppers and onions and drained canned pineapple chunks.
Instead of using brown rice, try changing things up by serving this dish over whole wheat pasta or couscous.