- 4 pound trimmed, no fat, sirloin steaks
- 1 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped italian parsley
- 6 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cup steel skewers “not wood”
Have butcher cut, trim and pound steaks into thin cutlets for you.
Lay cutlets on cutting board, brush with olive oil and season with parsley, garlic and parmesan to your taste.
Place 1 to 2 thin slices of provolone on each cutlet and roll into a nice tight braciole.
Repeat this process until all are complete.
Line up bracioles in a row of 4 to 6 per skewer each.
Roll with the ending seam of meat, face up against one another so that bracioles do not unravel while cooking and turning them.
Now take two steel skewers per each row and skewer them all the way through the rolls, until you have skewered all of them.
When ready to cook, set grill on high, clean and oil grill grate.
Arrange skewers on grill and cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium or until cheese becomes slightly melted.
Remove from grill, place on serving platter and with a fork, remove bracioles from skewers and serve with chili, red onion and caper relish.