British/Irish boy band The Wanted dropped by the TODAY plaza Thursday morning to chat with the show's hosts -- and thoroughly charmed everyone present. But for those older than, say, 18, who might be wondering just who the handsome lads are and why they're so, well, wanted these days -- here's 5 things we learned about them during their visit:
1. The band is made up of Max George, Nathan Sykes, Tom Parker, Siva Kaneswaran and Jay McGuiness -- but youngest member Sykes couldn't be on the Plaza, due to throat surgery. "He's doing all right," Parker told Matt Lauer. "Probably won't know for a month or two what the outcome is, but he's in good spirits."
2. Their new show on E!, "The Wanted Life," is an inside look at what it's like for the five of them to live the bachelor life in a shared household. "There is a bit of nudity," noted George -- something that Savannah Guthrie noted may be a "selling point" for many of their millions of fans.
3. Ryan Seacrest, who executive produces the TV show, tweeted about them: "when I walked into @thewanted's living room, there was women's underwear hanging from the chandelier, no joke #wantedlife" -- and the boys confirmed that indeed, things have gotten a little wild in the house (even with girlfriends around).
4. Around since 2009, they're aware that they're part of a long tradition of boy bands wowing the masses with sweet pop tunes; McGuiness waved to the camera and said that bands like Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block -- who will play on TODAY Friday -- are "inspirational and wondrous fellows."
5. Despite all the hinting at wild behavior, however, there's nothing they wouldn't let their mums watch. "They've seen it all before," said McGuiness.
"The Wanted Life" premieres on Sunday at 10 p.m. on E!