Have you had no vacation, no weekends off and no time to yourself? You probably deserve a break “Today.” Send us a home video showing us why you deserve a day off. The winner gets to spend their hard earned weekend trip in New York City while Lester and Campbell fill in for you back home. Send your 4 minutes tapes showing why you deserve to a break to: "Gimme a Break Contest” 30 Rockefeller Center, New York, New York 10112.
We will accept the following formats: VHS, DVD and Mini DV. All tapes must be received by October 29th, 2005. Please see rules below for complete details
1. HOW TO ENTER
DO YOU NEED A BREAK FROM YOUR LIFE? To enter, an individual or couple should provide an original video in either VHS, DVD or mini DV format of yourself demonstrating to us why you deserve a break from the stress and responsibilities of your life (the video). The video should be creative and should last no longer than four minutes. Sweepstakes begins 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) on September 17th, 2005, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on October 29th, 2005. Limit one entry per person or couple. By entering, you and everyone appearing in the Video agree that the Video may be broadcast on TODAY and in promotions and advertisements for TODAY. Videos must not include any music or singing. Videos must be original, truthful, unpublished, created solely by the submitting entrant, must not have been submitted in any other competition, and must not infringe upon any rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, and rights of privacy and publicity. Any events included in the Video must be authentic and unstaged. Entrants may not accept anything of value in return for the inclusion of any material in their Video. Entrants must also disclose to TODAY their connection with any person, product or company mentioned or depicted in their Video. All Videos become the property of NBC Universal, Inc. ("NBC") and will not be acknowledged or returned. Multiple entries received from any one individual will be void. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, postage due or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
Mailing Instructions: Print your name, address, telephone numbers (daytime and evening) and email address on a label affixed to your Video. Send the Video with the label to the following address: THE WEEKEND TODAY SHOW, NBC, c/o "Gimme A Break Contest" 30 Rockefeller Center, New York, New York 10112. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on October 29th, 2005.
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA You must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing within the Continental United States (residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and Guam are excluded from entry and participation). You must also be 18 years of age or older as of September 17th, 2005. Employees of NBC Universal, Inc.its parent, subsidiary and joint venture companies, their respective advertising and promotion agencies as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or persons living in the same households as such persons (whether related or not)) are not eligible.
3. THE PRIZE
Two (2) Grand Prize Trips to New York. Each trip includes a round trip coach class airline tickets from major U.S. airport within the 48 contiguous United States to New York, NY; Round trip airport transportation via private sedan in New York including meet & greet service; Two (2) days, one (1) night hotel accommodations, standard room, double occupancy, in New York, dinner will be provided and a guided tour of the city If prize is won by a couple, only one hotel room will be provided. Specific details and accommodations will be determined by the show's producers. If prize is won by a couple, only one hotel room will be provided. The show's host or hosts will appear in your hometown and a spend a day visiting your household. Winners must agree to have their home appear during live or taped portions of Weekend Today and must agree to appear live on the Weekend Today program. NBC in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and may provide ground transportation to and from destination prize elements at its sole discretion. Certain blackout days may apply. Actual travel dates will be in November, 2005. Dates are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. Estimated value of each prize is $2,000.00 Actual value of a trip depends on dates of travel and winner's residence or departure city. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Trip winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. a valid U.S. Driver's License) required for travel within the continental United States. No substitutions for prize except by NBC as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses and incidentals not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. NBC is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of NBC' obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. TODAY reserves the right to substitute the prize elements thereof with a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The winner shall be responsible for applicable taxes and other expenses.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERThe TWO Grand Prize Winners will be selected by TODAY judges on or about October 31st, 2005, from all eligible entries received. If highest rated submission is a couple's entry, couple will be awarded the grand prizes. If the highest rated entry is an individual entry, the prizes will be awarded to the top two individual entries. The judges will select the entries based on the following criteria in their sole discretion: 50% compelling nature of Video, 25% appearance, 25% presentation. Winners will be notified by overnight mail, email and/or telephone. If winner is unreachable, or if prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
5. WINNER'S NAMEFor a copy of the winner's name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after October 31st, 2005 to: The Weekend Today Show, Attention: "Gimme A Break Sweepstakes" 30 Rockefeller Center, New York, New York 10112, .or visit http//www.weekendtoday.msnbc.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the winner's name has been verified.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES
1. Entry in this competition constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant's Video, name, city, state, likeness, appearance and voice on TODAY and all other media for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. 2. The program reserves the right to make public personal information about the contestants on-air, prior to, during, or following the competition. Contestants acknowledge that TODAY may disclose negative information regarding a contestant that may be more or less favorable than similar information disclosed by TODAY regarding other contestants.
3. In all disputes, TODAY is the sole judge and its actions are final.
4. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and NBC in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Official Rules, or the breach of any term hereof, cannot be otherwise resolved, it shall be resolved by binding arbitration conducted in the County of New York, and administered by JAMS in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (the "JAMS Rules"). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an experienced arbitrator licensed to practice law in New York.
7. DISCLAIMERAll entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in any element of this Contest. All entrants release NBC Universal, Inc. and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their parents, subsidiaries and joint venture companies, as well as their respective officers, directors, and employees, from any such liability, even if caused by their negligence.
NBC, and its respective advertising and promotion agencies, their parent, subsidiary and joint venture companies, as well as their respective officers, directors, and employees assume no responsibility for any injury (including but not limited to any personal injury that may occur while on NBC premises or during tasks performed in connection with this contest), damage or losses of any kind to any entrant, or to any entrant's or other person's computer, relating to or resulting from participating in this contest, including downloading materials or software. NBC and its respective advertising and promotion agencies, their parent, subsidiary and joint venture companies, as well as their respective officers, directors, and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this event or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this event.
Entrants and not NBC shall be responsible for any content that is deemed libelous, defamatory, slanderous or invasive of another's privacy in any stories shared by entrants at any point in this contest.
NBC is not responsible for errors or failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, for errors in any promotional or marketing materials, for errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, damaged, or postage due.
TODAY reserves the right to terminate the entry period prior to its scheduled end date and to choose among entries received prior to the date of such termination.
Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, whose decisions are final. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this contest. NBC reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations.