The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a new batch of voluntary recalls due to excessive levels of lead. For more information, see the CPSC Web site at www.cpsc.gov.
Shaving Paint Brushes
Importer: Discount School Supply, of Monterey, Calif.; surface paint on the brush handles can contain excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.
For more information, contact Discount School Supply at (800) 293-9314 between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday; visit the firm’s Web site at www.discountschoolsupply.com; or e-mail the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crystal Innovations jewelry Sold at Michaels Stores nationwide from April 2006 to September 2007 for about $5. Distributor: Pure Allure, of Oceanside, Calif.; the recalled metal jewelry contains high levels of lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
The following Crystal Innovations products are included in the recall:
- Butterfly Charm SKU# 10369903 Flower Charm SKU# 10369907
- Flip Flop Charm SKU# 10369909 Purse-Sunglasses Charm SKU# 10369910
- Heart Crystal Closure SKU# 10391027 Heart Seabreeze Closure SKU#10391028
- Heart Princess Closure SKU# 10391029 Crystal/AB Clasps SKU# 10391039
- Seabreeze Clasps SKU# 10391040 Princess Clasps SKU# 10391041
- Flower HK Crystal/AB Closure SKU# 10391046 Flower HK Seabreeze Closure SKU# 10391047
- Flower HK Princess Closure SKU# 10391048 Flower Rope Crystal/AB Toggle SKU# 10391049
- Flower Rope Seabreeze Toggle SKU# 10391050 Flower Rope Princess Toggle SKU# 10391051
- Toggles w/Heart Crystal AB SKU# 10391052 Toggles w/heart Seabreeze SKU# 10391053
- Toggles w/heart Princess SKU#10391054 Crystal/AB Earring Set SKU# 10391074
- Princess Earring Set SKU# 10391076 Seabreeze Earring Set SKU# 10391075
- Slider Metal Rectangle Abalone SKU#10369900 Toggle Bracelet SKU# 10370037
- Charm Open Flower SKU# 10370038 Charm Open Cross SKU# 10370039
- Earring Set Drop Crystal/AB SKU# 10391065 Earring Set Drop Princess SKU# 10391066
- Earring Set Drop Seabreeze SKU# 10391067
No other Crystal Innovations products or SKU numbers are included in this recall.
For additional information, contact Pure Allure at (800) 536-6312 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday; visit the firm’s Web site at www.pureallure.com/recall; or e-mail the firm at email@example.com.
La Femme NY Children’s Necklace and Earring Sets
Sold at various dollar stores nationwide from October 2005 to April 2007 for about $1. Manufactured by La Femme NY 2 Inc., of Brooklyn, N.Y. The recalled jewelry contains high levels of lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, please contact La Femme NY 2 Inc. at (866) 667-5369 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s Web site at www.lafemmeny.com, or e-mail the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Metal Necklaces and Bracelets
Sold at various discount and dollar stores nationwide from January 2005 through June 2007 for about $1. Manufactured by Colossal Jewelry & Accessories Inc., of Maywood, N.J. The recalled jewelry contains high levels of lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
For additional information, contact Colossal Jewelry & Accessories at (888) 808-5093 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or e-mail the firm at email@example.com.
Decorative Stretchable Aqua Bracelets
Sold at various dollar stores, liquidators and schools as part of fundraising, nationwide from September 2003 through April 2007 for between $1 and $12. Importer: Cherrydale Fundraising, of Allentown, Pa. The recalled bracelets are stretchable, with silver-colored square links and aqua-colored beads. SKU#5384706813 is printed on the packaging.
For additional information, contact Cherrydale Fundraising at (800) 333-2565 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.cherrydale.com.
Children’s Pencil Pouches
Sold by school supply distributors in schools nationwide from September 1997 through October 2007 for between 50 cents and $2. Distributor: Raymond Geddes & Co., of Baltimore, Md.
For additional information, contact Raymond Geddes & Co. at (800) 533-6273 x1124 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, visit the firm’s Web site at www.raymondgeddes.com/psa.html, or email the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rachel Rose and Distinctly Basics Assorted Children’s Jewelry
Sold at Family Dollar stores nationwide from January 2003 through August 2007 for between $.50 and $2. A complete list of the recalled jewelry can be found at www.familydollar.com.
For additional information, contact Family Dollar at (800) 547-0359 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.familydollar.com.
Sparkle City Charm Bracelets and Tack Pin Sets
Sold at Big Lots stores nationwide from August 2005 through April 2007 for about $1. Importer: Buy-Rite Designs Inc., of Freehold, N.J.
For additional information, contact Buy-Rite at (888) 777-7952 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.buyriteinc.com.