At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.
Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
We've all got that one drawer that makes us look like a hoarder. It could be the overstuffed dresser drawer filled with everything from T-shirts to socks. Or it could be that one drawer in the kitchen with tons of tiny knickknacks that you might need at some point (you won't), and refuse to toss in the trash.
Whatever it may be, cramming an assortment of different objects into one small space without some kind of order is bound to make you feel a bit disorganized.
The good news is, you can cut through all the clutter and create a method to the madness. Check out our video on organizing your drawers here and follow the steps below to make the quick fixes yourself.
For larger items:
1. Grab a couple of old shoe boxes.
2. Trim the height of the boxes to fit inside your chosen drawer.
3. Place inside a drawer as easy custom dividers. Then fill!
For smaller items:
1. Buy adjustable dividers. Drawer dividers are great for organizing things like hats and bathing suits. Honeycomb organizers are perfect for keeping even smaller items in place like jewelry, socks and personal items.
Grid Drawer Dividers, $11, Amazon
Honeycomb Drawer Dividers, $10, Amazon
2. Assemble your chosen organizers based on how many partitioned areas you need in the given space.
Now that everything has a place where it belongs, stick with it!