Sweet, spicy and tangy – these juicy baked chicken breasts are always a crowd- pleaser. Marinate the chicken the night before, and you’ll have an Asian-inspired dinner on the table in just 30 minutes after work!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked white rice, for serving
Yield: 4 Servings
- Place chicken breasts in a 1-gallon size plastic baggie. Peel the zest off the orange in large strips and add to the bag with the chicken. Juice the orange into a small bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice, grated ginger, crushed garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Pour marinade into the bag with the chicken, seal and use your hands to massage into the chicken. Place in fridge and let marinade at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken and marinade in a baking dish along with ½ cup chicken broth.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting and serving with white rice, drizzling the pan sauces over the chicken.
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.