Watch 'Glee's' unplanned tribute to Whitney Houston
On Tuesday night, "Glee" featured a moving tribute to singer Whitney Houston that was never meant to be a tribute at all. Still, what was simply planned as a Valentine's Day performance of "I Will Always Love You" turned out to be an effective, accidental memorial.
Amber Riley, who plays Mercedes on the song and dance show, belted out a remarkably faithful version of the song that turned out to be Houston's biggest and most memorable hit.
At the end of the episode, the screen went black and the following message appeared: "Whitney Houston, 1963-2012, We Will Always Love You.”
- Bobby Brown not banned from Whitney Houston's funeral
- What was in Houston's secret note to Brandy?
- Video: Whitney Houston’s erratic final days
- Should flags fly at half-staff for Houston?
- Janet Jackson advises therapy for Bobbi Houston
Also in The Clicker: