"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Sheree Whitfield is saying bye-bye to the series that made her a household name.
"After four solid seasons of helping Bravo build the show into its most successful 'Housewives' franchise, I have decided to leave," Whitfield told Wetpaint Entertainment. "The direction the show is going in is no longer a fit for my lifestyle. I'm tired of the fighting and the cattiness."
Bravo confirmed the reality TV star's departure in a statement released on Wednesday.
"We have enjoyed working with Sheree as part of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta,'" it read. "We wish her all the best in the future."
As for what that future holds, it remains to be seen, but Whitfield said she is "already fielding offers," adding, "I want to be part of something that empowers and inspires women to not only be healthy, but to treat themselves with respect. I wish the rest of the women the best of luck."
Are you surprised by Sheree's decision? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
- 'The Real Housewives' swap low blows during Atlanta reunion
- Three new 'Housewives' are ready to get real in New York
- New Jersey 'Housewife' Teresa Giudice: Reality TV ruined my family
- Ex-'RHONYC' star grieves loss of cat
- More 'Real Housewives' in The Clicker