Parents are funny — especially on Facebook! And we love them for it.
Because when the pages of Facebook are flooded with images of elaborate DIY 1st birthday parties, harmonious siblings, and Bento-box-style school lunches (complete with peeled grapes) it’s easy to believe you’re the only one who doesn’t have their (BLEEP) together.
So we’d like to take a moment to send a shout out, LOL or maybe just a GQWTBN (Giggling Quietly While The Baby Naps) to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is. Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook.
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag us OR Sarah Maizes (our Parenting-Humorist-at-Large) in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment.
1. The Force be with you (Explorations of Ambiguity)
2. Wine time (Why did we have to have all these kids anyway?)
More Moments That Matter videos
Watch this dad erupt with joy after learning he has a new baby boy
Watch these NICU babies, now feisty toddlers, in their inspiring calendar photo shoot
See Dylan Dreyer’s baby Calvin greet the day with a huge smile
See Hoda Kotb’s tearful reunion with Kathie Lee Gifford: ‘Where’s my other girl?’
3. Name game (The Reformed Idealist Mom)
4. Stepping stone (Carpool Goddess by Linda Wolf)
5. Clean sweep (Motherhood and More by Annie Reneau)
6. Chew-chew (Perfection Pending by Meredith Ethington)
7. Tuned out (Flounder and Flourish)
8. Do not pass 'Go' (No Purple Walls)
9. Numbers game (We Don't Chew Glass)
Sarah Maizes is a writer, comedian, and award-winning author who’s written several picture books for children, including "On My Way to The Bath" and "On My Way to Bed." Make her day and follow her on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.