TODAY's Takeaway: Man goes missing to save wife, bus stop lady lands gig
1. Gerry Boland has been missing since he left to search for his wife of 54 years in Colorado’s floods.
“We are swollen with pride for him,” his daughter told TODAY. “I just can't say enough about how proud I am to be his daughter and how proud I am that he did all the right things in the end.”
Colo. dad missing in flood after trying to find wifePlay Video
Aggressive Bees Invade Neighborhood
Heavy Smoke Grounds Air Crews in Fire Fight
Obama in Ethiopia for Talks on Crisis in South Sudan
How much will you end up spending on back to school items...
2. The family of Sylvia Frasier, one of the 12 people shot and killed at Washington’s Navy Yard Monday, spoke of the victim's selflessness and faith.
“She denied herself everything,’’ her sister, Wendy Edmonds, told Natalie. “No matter what she did, it was always about the next person.”
Navy Yard victim's family: He 'embraced life'Play Video
Jeh Johnson on Using Personal Email on Work Computer: Whoops not a Good Practice
See What's Changed in Havana as U.S. Embassy Opens
Netanyahu to Holt: Iran Deal Poses Great Danger to Israel, America and the World
NBC Special Report: Nuclear Agreement Reached With Iran
3. Don’t lose hope, musical theater majors! The British woman who was videotaped dancing at a bus stop — in a video that almost broke the Internet — has landed a role!
Al asked the working actress if she’s always liked to dance in public.
"I do, unfortunately,” Ellie Cole admitted. “But as my mum always said, I have more rhythm than sense."
Viral bus-stop dancer: 'I have more rhythm than sense'Play Video
Oprah fans lash out over $2,499 ticket prices
Watch: Does this 3-month-old baby say 'I love you'?
Urine-proof paint returns fire, being tested in San Francisco
Millionaire's will aims to reward daughters for good behavior
4. Tech guru Katie Linendoll stopped by the show this morning to sum up everything you need to know about the new iPhone 5s and 5C. (Apparently there’s more than just the fingerprint scanner!)
Sneak a peek at the new iPhonesPlay Video
E-Waste: Don't Throw It Out!
Beach Gadgets: 3 Great Tech Devices to Bring on Vacation
Gadgets to Get Summer Started: Robot Bartenders, Smart Doorbells
Amazon Echo Is Siri On Steroids, for the Connected Home
5. Hugh Jackman’s going to co-host TODAY! The "Prisoners" star talked about his new role with Matt, and confessed that he used to want to be a journalist.
So, since it's completely normal, Matt offered him a job. Well, ...just for a day, but still.
Hugh Jackman: I'll co-host with Matt for a dayPlay Video
Willard Scott presents milestone birthdays
5 lucky viewers win a fancy new air purifier from Oreck
Men, want to look dominant? Shave your head!
Matt Lauer: Sometimes I shower 3 times a day
6. Also, if you missed Paula Patton try out her twerking skills on Al… there's GIF for that!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!