TODAY's Takeaway: Man goes missing to save wife, bus stop lady lands gig
1. Gerry Boland has been missing since he left to search for his wife of 54 years in Colorado’s floods.
“We are swollen with pride for him,” his daughter told TODAY. “I just can't say enough about how proud I am to be his daughter and how proud I am that he did all the right things in the end.”
Colo. dad missing in flood after trying to find wifePlay Video
Oklahoma Removes Ten Commandments Monument
City of Roseburg: 'We Welcome the President'
Nightly News Full Broadcast (October 6)
Michigan Hands Out Water Filters Due to High Lead Levels
2. The family of Sylvia Frasier, one of the 12 people shot and killed at Washington’s Navy Yard Monday, spoke of the victim's selflessness and faith.
“She denied herself everything,’’ her sister, Wendy Edmonds, told Natalie. “No matter what she did, it was always about the next person.”
Navy Yard victim's family: He 'embraced life'Play Video
Trump: Putin Wants to Take on ISIS in Syria 'That's OK'
Surveillance Video Shows Abducted Tourists Escorted by Armed Men
Trump: Build a 'Safe Zone' in Syria
German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Current Refugee Crisis
3. Don’t lose hope, musical theater majors! The British woman who was videotaped dancing at a bus stop — in a video that almost broke the Internet — has landed a role!
Al asked the working actress if she’s always liked to dance in public.
"I do, unfortunately,” Ellie Cole admitted. “But as my mum always said, I have more rhythm than sense."
Viral bus-stop dancer: 'I have more rhythm than sense'Play Video
Chris Pratt and Aziz Ansari co-star in (very) short film
The ATM fees you're paying are at a record high
Could someone pay you to name your baby?
8 words to get you out of any party conversation
4. Tech guru Katie Linendoll stopped by the show this morning to sum up everything you need to know about the new iPhone 5s and 5C. (Apparently there’s more than just the fingerprint scanner!)
Sneak a peek at the new iPhonesPlay Video
Microsoft Rolls Out New Devices
New Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker has Curved Screen
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Features PixelSense Technology
First iPhone 6s Sales Have Shoppers All Smiles
5. Hugh Jackman’s going to co-host TODAY! The "Prisoners" star talked about his new role with Matt, and confessed that he used to want to be a journalist.
So, since it's completely normal, Matt offered him a job. Well, ...just for a day, but still.
Hugh Jackman: I'll co-host with Matt for a dayPlay Video
Hoda on men: I like them a little heftier
Jenna's back! She says baby Poppy has 'completed our family'
Oregon school shooting: Anchors reflect, talk parenting fears
Modern man Al Roker 'ABC' (always be charging) his phone
6. Also, if you missed Paula Patton try out her twerking skills on Al… there's GIF for that!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!