TODAY's Takeaway: Man goes missing to save wife, bus stop lady lands gig
1. Gerry Boland has been missing since he left to search for his wife of 54 years in Colorado’s floods.
“We are swollen with pride for him,” his daughter told TODAY. “I just can't say enough about how proud I am to be his daughter and how proud I am that he did all the right things in the end.”
Colo. dad missing in flood after trying to find wifePlay Video
Kerry Sanders goes In search of a great white shark
Tracy Morgan's lawyer: 'pleasantly surprised' by settlement
Nebraska bans death penalty
Tarmac photo lands flight attendant in hot water
2. The family of Sylvia Frasier, one of the 12 people shot and killed at Washington’s Navy Yard Monday, spoke of the victim's selflessness and faith.
“She denied herself everything,’’ her sister, Wendy Edmonds, told Natalie. “No matter what she did, it was always about the next person.”
3. Don’t lose hope, musical theater majors! The British woman who was videotaped dancing at a bus stop — in a video that almost broke the Internet — has landed a role!
Al asked the working actress if she’s always liked to dance in public.
"I do, unfortunately,” Ellie Cole admitted. “But as my mum always said, I have more rhythm than sense."
4. Tech guru Katie Linendoll stopped by the show this morning to sum up everything you need to know about the new iPhone 5s and 5C. (Apparently there’s more than just the fingerprint scanner!)
5. Hugh Jackman’s going to co-host TODAY! The "Prisoners" star talked about his new role with Matt, and confessed that he used to want to be a journalist.
So, since it's completely normal, Matt offered him a job. Well, ...just for a day, but still.
6. Also, if you missed Paula Patton try out her twerking skills on Al… there's GIF for that!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!