TODAY's Takeaway: Man goes missing to save wife, bus stop lady lands gig
1. Gerry Boland has been missing since he left to search for his wife of 54 years in Colorado’s floods.
“We are swollen with pride for him,” his daughter told TODAY. “I just can't say enough about how proud I am to be his daughter and how proud I am that he did all the right things in the end.”
Colo. dad missing in flood after trying to find wifePlay Video
Protesters Gather Outside Freddie Gray Hearing
Cops on 'Saturation Patrol' in Hunt for Illinois Police Shooting Suspects
McDonalds answers prayers, will serve breakfast all day
Obama Tours Alaska, Ventures Into Wilderness
2. The family of Sylvia Frasier, one of the 12 people shot and killed at Washington’s Navy Yard Monday, spoke of the victim's selflessness and faith.
“She denied herself everything,’’ her sister, Wendy Edmonds, told Natalie. “No matter what she did, it was always about the next person.”
Navy Yard victim's family: He 'embraced life'Play Video
France Terror Suspect Led Into Court Blindfolded
Drone Nearly Crashes Into Medivac Helicopter
DOJ Anounces Arrest of Alleged New York State ISIS Recruiter
Jeh Johnson on Using Personal Email on Work Computer: Whoops not a Good Practice
3. Don’t lose hope, musical theater majors! The British woman who was videotaped dancing at a bus stop — in a video that almost broke the Internet — has landed a role!
Al asked the working actress if she’s always liked to dance in public.
"I do, unfortunately,” Ellie Cole admitted. “But as my mum always said, I have more rhythm than sense."
Viral bus-stop dancer: 'I have more rhythm than sense'Play Video
Daniel Craig: James Bond should respect women
James Bond author apologizes for calling Idris Elba 'too street'
Marshawn Lynch sells skittles on a home-shopping channel
People are commemorating their divorces - with a selfie
4. Tech guru Katie Linendoll stopped by the show this morning to sum up everything you need to know about the new iPhone 5s and 5C. (Apparently there’s more than just the fingerprint scanner!)
Sneak a peek at the new iPhonesPlay Video
Getting The Most From Your WiFi Router
Tech Talker: Low-Cost Computing Promises Connectivity for All
Here Comes the Flying Cars
Man Describes Flight Path of Drone in Kentucky Dispute
5. Hugh Jackman’s going to co-host TODAY! The "Prisoners" star talked about his new role with Matt, and confessed that he used to want to be a journalist.
So, since it's completely normal, Matt offered him a job. Well, ...just for a day, but still.
Hugh Jackman: I'll co-host with Matt for a dayPlay Video
Willard Scott presents milestone birthdays: August 31, 2015
It's time to Give It Away! See which viewers won
Tamron Hall volleys with Serena Williams, Roger Federer
Willard Scott presents milestone birthdays: August 27, 2015
6. Also, if you missed Paula Patton try out her twerking skills on Al… there's GIF for that!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!