TODAY's Takeaway: Man goes missing to save wife, bus stop lady lands gig
1. Gerry Boland has been missing since he left to search for his wife of 54 years in Colorado’s floods.
“We are swollen with pride for him,” his daughter told TODAY. “I just can't say enough about how proud I am to be his daughter and how proud I am that he did all the right things in the end.”
Colo. dad missing in flood after trying to find wifePlay Video
Wind Fuels Idaho Wildfire
Taylor Kinney: Watching fiancée Lady Gaga's sex scenes is awkward
Homes in far suburbs far more affordable, study says
Want a ride with Keanu Reeves? It's in Neiman Marcus' Christmas Book
2. The family of Sylvia Frasier, one of the 12 people shot and killed at Washington’s Navy Yard Monday, spoke of the victim's selflessness and faith.
“She denied herself everything,’’ her sister, Wendy Edmonds, told Natalie. “No matter what she did, it was always about the next person.”
Navy Yard victim's family: He 'embraced life'Play Video
Iraqi Military Says They Are Attacking ISIS Positions in Iraq
Trump: Putin Wants to Take on ISIS in Syria 'That's OK'
Surveillance Video Shows Abducted Tourists Escorted by Armed Men
Trump: Build a 'Safe Zone' in Syria
3. Don’t lose hope, musical theater majors! The British woman who was videotaped dancing at a bus stop — in a video that almost broke the Internet — has landed a role!
Al asked the working actress if she’s always liked to dance in public.
"I do, unfortunately,” Ellie Cole admitted. “But as my mum always said, I have more rhythm than sense."
Viral bus-stop dancer: 'I have more rhythm than sense'Play Video
TODAY anchors discuss the news about Playboy nudes
A shocking number of people can't recognize Chris Pratt
Tracy Morgan performs first stand-up since accident
Chrissy Teigen, John Legend expecting first child
4. Tech guru Katie Linendoll stopped by the show this morning to sum up everything you need to know about the new iPhone 5s and 5C. (Apparently there’s more than just the fingerprint scanner!)
Sneak a peek at the new iPhonesPlay Video
Stop Distracted Driving With Tech for Teens Behind the Wheel
Microsoft Rolls Out New Devices
New Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker has Curved Screen
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Features PixelSense Technology
5. Hugh Jackman’s going to co-host TODAY! The "Prisoners" star talked about his new role with Matt, and confessed that he used to want to be a journalist.
So, since it's completely normal, Matt offered him a job. Well, ...just for a day, but still.
Hugh Jackman: I'll co-host with Matt for a dayPlay Video
Congratulations to TODAY's Edward R. Murrow award winners!
Willard Scott presents milestone birthdays: Oct. 8, 2015
Natalie Morales meets Latin singing sensation Prince Royce
Christina Aguilera: My work as a food ambassador 'makes me emotional'
6. Also, if you missed Paula Patton try out her twerking skills on Al… there's GIF for that!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!