TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
ShedRain is donating $150,000 worth of umbrellas to families in need
Go behind the scenes with Save the Children
Chicken schnitzel with Caesar pea salad: Donal Skehan makes dinner easy
Beth Stern gets candid about fostering kittens in 'Yoda Gets a Buddy'
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
Online outages make it a blue Cyber Monday for many shoppers
#ShareKindness with charitable donations, photos of smiles
Princess Charlotte poses with toy dog in adorable new photos
Florida police investigate photo of dog with duct-taped mouth
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
LeAnn Rimes sings 'Celebrate Me Home' for the holidays
LeAnn Rimes sings a medley of holiday songs on TODAY
LeAnn Rimes sings new holiday hit 'TODAY is Christmas' live
Haley and Michaels spread the holiday cheer with Christmas medley
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Sesame Street on Its Way to New Home on HBO
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!