TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
Nail hardener, wine/martini glass: KLG and Hoda's favorite things
Celebrate the end of summer with healthy fish tacos
Get psyched for school! Reel Moms shared top flicks
Ready, set, go! Learn how to get dressed in 30 seconds
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
Obama to record episode of 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls'
TODAY Parenting team launches new challenge to 'Get Happy!'
It must be love: Man dressing up as Ninja Turtle for wedding
Help TODAY's Wrangler take a road trip to 3 cities this fall
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
Maddie & Tae perform hit single 'Fly' on TODAY Plaza
Maddie & Tae sing 'Girl in a Country Song'
Darius Rucker performs 'Homegrown Honey' on TODAY plaza
Darius Rucker performs new single 'Southern Style' on TODAY
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Sesame Street on Its Way to New Home on HBO
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!