TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
Find out what KLG, Hoda picked as their Favorite Thing!
KLG, Hoda square off in 'Knife Fight' challenge
How to handle neighbors whose property is a mess
3 doctors help calm people scared of exams
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
Upside-down flag shirt sparks outcry online
Comedy great Anne Meara, Ben Stiller's mom, dies at 85
Bill Murray wanders from Letterman to MSNBC, falls off chair
Stephen Colbert's commencement speech goes viral
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
Meghan Trainor performs 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' on TODAY
Meghan Trainor performs 'Lips Are Movin' on TODAY
Meghan Trainor sings 'All About That Bass' on TODAY plaza
Meghan Trainor performs 'Dear Future Husband' on TODAY
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Deion Sanders' 'Family Playbook' Starts With Respect for 'Hood Momma'
What's Old Is New: Beloved TV Shows Making Comebacks
'Halal In The Family' Aims To Push Envelope
Meet The Women Behind 'Black and Sexy TV'
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!