TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
A reversible bathing suit and more style solutions for summer
Red, white and blue fashion for under $50
Quiz: Which First Daughter's birthday falls on July 4th?
Jada Pinkett Smith: 'Beefcake-ish' Will Smith 'got me on lockdown'
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
Share your #AmericanSelfie with TODAY
iPhone Siri's sassy response to a math question has people talking
Apple launches music streaming service
#LoveWins the Internet after Supreme Court ruling
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
Barenaked Ladies perform 'Duct Tape Heart'
Barenaked Ladies perform 'One Week'
Easton Corbin performs 'Baby Be My Love Song'
Ryan Cabrera performs 'House on Fire'
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
Why Do We Love Zombies So Much?
Deion Sanders' 'Family Playbook' Starts With Respect for 'Hood Momma'
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!