TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
5 lucky fans win First Alert alarms
Get a taste of Latin America: Beef tacos and avocado fries
Fall is the time to spring ahead with your garden plans
Do men like short hair or long on a lady? Guys Tell All about it
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
Instagram is 5 years old and the Orange Room is celebrating
Presidential politics, and guests appear in 'SNL' premiere
Watch this dad weep like a baby after baby news
Carson Daly celebrates breast cancer survivors in the 'Pink Room'
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
J Balvin performs his single 'Ginza' on TODAY
Andrew McMahon performs 'Cecilia and the Satellite'
Darlene Love is back! She performs new single 'Forbidden Nights'
Iyaz teams with Nash of Hot Chelle Rae to perform 'Alive'
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Sesame Street on Its Way to New Home on HBO
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!