TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
5 lucky people win a Mr. Pizza grill package
8 kids, 5 sisters, 3 dogs, 1 home: 'It Takes a Sister'
There are otters loose in the studio (and in a city near you)
Backyard BBQ etiquette: 'Can't we suck the bones?'
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
Cosmo magazine will be covered by blinders at two major retailers
Grumpy Cat's new friend, or enemy? Meet Earl the grumpy puppy
Excitement erupts over choice of Beijing for 2022 Winter Olympics
Vote for favorite charity to #UpgradeYourWorld
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
Jason Aldean is 'Just Gettin' Started' on the TODAY plaza
Jason Aldean is 'Burnin' It Down' on the TODAY plaza
Jason Aldean performs 'Tonight Looks Good on You'
Jason Aldean to TODAY plaza crowd: This is 'My Kinda Party'
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
Great Escapes: From 'Shawshank' to 'X-Men,' Pop Culture's Top Prison Breaks
Why Do We Love Zombies So Much?
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!