1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
White lace 'doily dresses' for under $50: Luxe for less
Need to replace a toilet trim lever? Ask Lou Manfredini!
DIY lampshades and other tricks to give your home a designer feel
Summer etiquette dilemmas: Is it OK to stand at a concert?
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
'Sesame Street' fans less sunny as Bob, Gordon, Luis say farewell
Tim Kaine dad jokes and Biden's 'malarkey' trend on DNC's third night
'Young Bill and Hillary' Google searches spike 4,000 percent
#PrayForNice trends worldwide following terror attack in France
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
Watch Jimmy Buffett perform 'Volcano' live on TODAY
'Summerzcool' when Jimmy Buffett's appearing live on TODAY
Jimmy Buffett performs 'Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit' live on TODAY
Jimmy Buffett performs 'Margaritaville' live on TODAY
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Joe Biden to play himself on 'SVU' episode about rape kit backlogs
Anika Noni Rose talks 'Power,' 'Roots' and fancy foie gras
Joe Jonas: I was told not to approach Britney Spears during our tour
See inside a Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired treehouse
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!