TODAY's Takeaway: Gracie Gold's 'on top of the world,' Tamron loves The Boss
1. Gracie Gold felt “on top of the world” when she placed first at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships over the weekend. Up next for the figure skating favorite: the Olympics.
“It’s a lot to take in that I’m going to Sochi (and) that I just made the Olympics,” she told Savannah. “At 18, I’m fulfilling my biggest life goal thus far.”
Gracie Gold on making Team USA: 'I'm on cloud 9'Play Video
Natalie Morales tests the science behind super sports
Al Roker gets a preview of luxury space travel
Hologram of Matt created for 3-D time capsule
The future is here on TODAY: 'Fake' meat, 3-D printed dress
2. As part of this week’s #DoingItAll series, Maria Shriver sat down with moms and workplace strategists to talk about ways single moms can balance their families and careers.
5 ways for single moms to balance career, familyPlay Video
British comedian Jack Whitehall: I was rejected as Harry Potter
Slim down for summer: Tips and tricks for dropping winter weight
Luxe for less: Eco-friendly beauty and style products
Kate Hudson and Garry Marshall talk about new film 'Mother's Day'
3. Bruce Springsteen is out with a new album, which gave us a great excuse this morning to pick our favorite Boss tunes.
For Tamron, it’s “Dancing in the Dark.” For TODAY fans? “Born to Run.” Tell us what your favorite Springsteen song is on Twitter or Facebook using #OrangeRoom.
Social media reacts to new Springsteen albumPlay Video
See how Matt, Al, Savannah, Sheinelle and Dylan looked in the '90s
Kids take over Orange Room on Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day
Who is 'Becky with the good hair' in Beyoncé's 'Lemonade'?
Prince: See moving tributes from Tamron Hall, other celebs
4. Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland fame stopped by to perform her new single, “Falling.” It was awesome.
Jennifer Nettles is 'Falling' on TODAYPlay Video
All-4-One performs 'I Swear' on the TODAY plaza
Kid 'n Play kick it old school on the TODAY plaza
Salt-N-Pepa 'Push It' back into the '90s on the TODAY plaza
Vanilla Ice performs 'Ice Ice Baby' on the TODAY plaza
5. Tumi Oguntala, the latest contestant kicked off “The Biggest Loser,” has lost a total of 166 pounds — or, as she calls it, a whole person.
"And not a skinny person!" she joked with Al.
'Biggest Loser' contestant postponed wedding to competePlay Video
Obama Appears on Cuban Comedy Show
Sesame Street on Its Way to New Home on HBO
Disney Removes Cosby Bust
If Dragons Were Real Could You Actually Ride One?
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!