NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Blizzard alert! Stay safe on the ice by walking like this animal
Even heavy snow boots may not keep you upright on frozen walkways and stairs.
- Zach Galifianakis nearly unrecognizable at SAG Awards
- 2015 Super Bowl snack bracket: Vote on the champion of party foods
- Skip the handshake? The etiquette dos and don'ts of flu season
- 9 films to keep you toasty warm during the big chill
- Blizzard alert! Stay safe on the ice by walking like this animal
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.