NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Watch Betty White reveal her (heartbreakingly sweet) greatest regret
At 93 years old and still going strong, Betty White has the kind of life most of us can only dream of. But in an interview...
- Who is the new 'Daily Show' host? 5 things to know about Trevor Noah
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' actress reveals 4 things Robin Williams taught her
- Prince William has a brand-new job...
- End of an era! See the Wolverine photo Hugh Jackman shared
- Watch Betty White reveal her (heartbreakingly sweet) greatest regret
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.