NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
- Lauren Hill, inspirational college basketball player, dies
- Marathon dad's victories help raise money for son with spina bifida
- Will it work on Vale? Savannah tries tissue sleeping trick at home
- Listen to the chilling 911 call Sandra Bullock made during break-in
- Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.