NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Brad Pitt loves 'being a father,' raves about kids, Angelina Jolie
It's an especially good time to be Brad Pitt. The newlywed, 50, opens up about his children with wife Angelina Jolie in th...
- Joan Lunden: 10 things I wish I knew before I was diagnosed with breast cancer
- Derek Jeter dismisses 'most eligible bachelor' title: 'No, no, no'
- See the famous and fashionable stars who hit Paris Fashion Week
- Don't sweat it! 5 ways to make sweatpants stylish (even at work)
- Brad Pitt loves 'being a father,' raves about kids, Angelina Jolie
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.