NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
TODAY's Takeaway: Time picks the pope, Mariah brings us home for the holidays
1. Time magazine’s managing editor Nancy Gibbs announced on TODAY the magazine’s pick for 2013 Person of the Year: Pope Fr...
- White House shares pics from Obama's trip for Mandela memorial
- Oprah Winfrey doesn't regret not having kids
- Prince William, Duchess Kate rock 3-D glasses
- Viral mash-up: Internet stars collide in YouTube Rewind 2013
- TODAY's Takeaway: Time picks the pope, Mariah brings us home for the holidays
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.