NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
'Unconditional mother’s love': Get the story behind the sweetest photo
This photo touched thousands of hearts when TODAY viewer Ariane Grabill shared it with us summer — a shot of her cradling ...
- Can this hobby help you live longer? 104-year-old shares health secret
- How to make a traditional Christmas Eve dinner fit for kings
- Mike Myers brings back Dr. Evil in guest-filled 'Saturday Night Live'
- High school sweethearts wed in Hobbit, Harry Potter-inspired DIY bash
- 'Unconditional mother’s love': Get the story behind the sweetest photo
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.