NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
What 'Wonder Years' taught us about life: Kevin, Paul, Winnie reunite, remember
The stars of the iconic '80s show say it took growing up themselves to really learn the lessons they spent years teaching ...
- Watch this paralyzed groom walk down the aisle at his wedding
- Cobie Smulders expecting second child with husband Taran Killiam
- See the adorable way CaCee Cobb, Donald Faison announced baby No. 2
- Take a closer look at this lifelike Benedict Cumberbatch wax figure
- What 'Wonder Years' taught us about life: Kevin, Paul, Winnie reunite, remember
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.