NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
9 hilarious Halloween moments from KLG, Hoda as 'Wayne's World' hosts
Today marked a new high (or low) for Kathie Lee and Hoda as they traded their Spanx and wine glasses for ripped jeans and ...
- Jennifer Lopez talks heartbreak, being 'unworthy' of love on TODAY
- See TODAY’s ' 'Saturday Night Live' Halloween costumes
- Super, again: Neil Patrick Harris, Gotham family do Halloween right
- Moms with more than 2 kids are more productive at work, study finds
- 9 hilarious Halloween moments from KLG, Hoda as 'Wayne's World' hosts
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.