NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Teens affected by terrorism find healing, peace at inspiring camp
Thanks to a very special summer camp, teens who have lost a loved one due to violent extremism or war have a place to find...
- Oh. My. Geep. Meet the half goat, half sheep who is all cuteness
- 'Hugging my children closer': Reporter home after covering MH17 crash
- Chris Pratt is finally a leading man: 5 reasons we're rooting for him
- Aloe Blacc reveals inspiration behind 'Wake Me Up'
- Teens affected by terrorism find healing, peace at inspiring camp
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.