NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Ebola survivor Dr. Kent Brantly reveals near-death ordeal
Dr. Kent Brantly, the doctor infected with Ebola while working in West Africa, told Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview t...
- 'Forever in your debt': K-9 buried with full police honors after dying in line of duty
- 'I'm lovin' you': Woman with Alzheimer's connects with daughter in viral video
- Dreamy 'Downton' star, Pippa Middleton party at same GQ event
- Music lessons may boost poor kids' brainpower, study suggests
- Ebola survivor Dr. Kent Brantly reveals near-death ordeal
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.