NEW YORK — "Mad Men" character Roger Sterling has a book coming out. For real.
Grove Press said Thursday that "Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man" will be released Nov. 16.
The writing and publication of the book is a subplot on AMC's "Mad Men." It's a collection of observations from ad firm executive Roger Sterling Jr.
Sterling is played on the show by John Slattery, but the book's real author is not being revealed.
More from TODAY.com
Mom births 'hurricane baby' after being stranded in dangerous storm
As Hurricane Arthur was slamming the East Coast over the July 4th weekend, police radios in Roanoke Island's Manteo, North...
- Doc Rivers: 'none of us would have played' if Sterling remained
- Samurai swords and nun chucks: the craziest items the TSA confiscated, and Instagrammed
- Hero boy calls 9-11 during car hijacking
- Some Labor Day deals aren't such steals
- Mom births 'hurricane baby' after being stranded in dangerous storm
Among the book's nuggets: "When a man gets to a point in his life when his name's on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement."
Books by television characters are a recurring publishing gimmick. They include "The Killing Club," a police thriller by the "One Life to Live" character Marcie Walsh.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.