Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM ET
1. “Three Cups of Tea” author Greg Mortenson told TODAY he’s grateful to the people who raised allegations that he mishandled money from the charity he created to help build schools for girls in Afghanistan.
“In maybe a strange, ironic way, I’d like to thank CBS and Jon Krakauer because, had they not brought these issues up, we could have gotten into more serious problems,” he told Tom Brokaw.
2. Lolo Jones, who will become one of only 10 Americans to ever compete in both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games, said making it to Sochi as a bobsledder is “about redemption.”
“I was just coming off the Summer Games, and I was pretty depressed,” she told Savannah. “[My teammates] lifted me up and day by day they encouraged me to never give up on this Olympic dream.”
3. The self-proclaimed “hottest guys working in film” — Zac Efron, Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller –stopped by Studio 1A to talk about their new flick, “That Awkward Moment.” Appropriately enough, it got awkward:
4. The actors then joined Matt, Savannah and the rest of the TODAY anchors to meet a few rescued animals. (Please note how much the fox liked Matt.)
5. Is your password “1234” or “monkey”? Change it!
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!