- 5 single portions soba, ribbons removed
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon large garlic clove
- 8 tablespoon fresh shiitakes, stems discarded and caps julienned
- 8 tablespoon large oyster mushroom, halved or quartered
- 12 tablespoon chanterelles
- 12 tablespoon black trumpet, halved or quartered
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 3 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon scallion, trimmed and minced
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger, drained
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
Remove the ribbon from each portion of soba and add to the water.
Cook until the noodles are tender yet firm, 3-5 minutes.
Drain, shock under cold running water, and drain again.
Transfer to a mixing bowl.
In a medium to large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat and stir-fry the garlic until fragrant and light golden, about 2 minutes.
Add the shiitakes, oyster mushrooms, chanterelles, and black trumpets and stir-fry until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add to the noodles.
In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry the spinach until just wilted, about 1 minute.
Transfer to the noodles and toss to mix the ingredients well.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, wasabi, vegetable oil, and sesame oil until smooth.
Add pepper to taste and pour over the noodles.
Toss well and divide the noodles among large pasta bowls.
Garnish with some pickled ginger and a sprinkle or two of sesame seeds.