- 1 (3 to 4-pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, large dice
- 2 tablespoon large carrots, large dice
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 clove bay leaves
- 4 sprig thyme
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sear the roast on both sides.
Place the meat in a roasting pan.
Add onions, carrots and garlic to skillet for and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add to roasting pan with meat, bay leaves, thyme, wine and Worcestershire.
Cover roast with foil and bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until tender.
Serve with buttermilk biscuits.