Howie Mandel won’t have to hassle the Hoff for his next gig.
The former “Deal or No Deal” host will be replacing David Hasselhoff on “America’s Got Talent,” NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin confirmed on Sunday morning at NBC’s Television Critics Association panel.
“David is leaving… and yes I believe Howie Mandell is replacing [him],” Jeff said.
The soul-patched star will be sitting at the judges table alongside Piers Morgan and Sharon Osbourne when the show returns in summer 2010 for a fifth season.
“As you know, Howie was a big part of our schedule for the last several years with ‘Deal or No Deal,’ and we thought he did a phenomenal job,” Gaspin told AccessHollywood.com and other reporters following the panel. “If you think about an expertise, Howie has had a Las Vegas show for years and he constantly performs in Las Vegas. So we actually though — not only is he a great communicator, but he’s actually an expert.”
However, Gaspin added there would be no more “Deals” for Howie.
“We are not doing any more ‘Deals’ for NBC currently,” he said.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Hasselhoff announced his departure from the reality competition last week, along with plans to start his own TV show.
On Wednesday, an NBC source told Access that no candidates had yet been selected to take his place.