Editor's note: Watching Shania Twain eat it at last night's CMT Awards, reminded us of this story we originally published last August, when Scott Weiland took a tumble. We're reposting now for your viewing pleasure. Compare and contrast...
We understand. We have trouble walking and chewing gum. Can't imaging how difficult it is singing, prancing and striking poses all in front of thousands of screaming fans--thousands of videophone-equipped fans with YouTube accounts.
Just ask Scott Weiland. The Stone Temple Pilots frontman took a nasty spill in Cincinnati this week during a rendition of "Crackerman." But the show went on and Weiland managed to keep on crooning (was it live or lip-syncing? We'll leave that for others to discuss ).
1. Beyonc: In July 2007, the Bootylicious One, bedecked in a trenchcoat and heels, tripped and fell headlong down a flight of stairs in the midst of performing "Ring the Alarm." Ever the trouper, without missing a beat she dusted herself off and finished the number, later jokingly asking audience members not to post video of her fall online.
2. Bono: Even the greatest rock stars lose their balance. Take U2's main man, who accidentally found himself flying into the arms of adoring fans while singing "Until the End of the World" during a concert in Miami on the Elevation tour. But he made a quick recovery and walked on uneventfully thereafter. Hmmm, maybe that's where the bad back came from!
3. Steven Tyler: The future American Idol judge can thank his lucky stars he didn't wind up on a permanent vacation from performing after he fell off the stage during an Aerosmith gig in South Dakota last summer. The 61-year-old rocker was hospitalized with a broken shoulder and received stitches in his head, forcing the cancellation of the band's tour. Walk this way...not!
4. Pink: Ms. Missundaztood made headlines last month when a trapeze stunt in her circus-themed Funhouse Summer Carnival tour went awry in Nurnberg, Germany. A malfunctioning harness sent the singer hurtling into a barricade. It wasn't pretty, and the popster had to cut the show short to get checked out at a nearby hospital. But proving she's as tough as her image, she was "OK" after the scary fall, tweeting that she was "just seriously sore."
5. Jennifer Lopez: La Lopez came out in fighting form to sing the hit single "Louboutins" at the 2009 American Music Awards. Let's just say her Louboutins weren't made for walking...
(Originally published Aug. 28, 2010, at 6 a.m. PT.)