Parents are funny — especially on Facebook! And we love them for it.
Why? Because when the pages of Facebook are filled with pictures of neatly dressed children ready for their first day of school, smiling, backpack bedecked siblings standing arm in arm, and post after post by parents lamenting the end of summer, it’s easy to think you’re the only one who was dancing a jig in their driveway as the school bus pulled away.
So let’s take a moment to give a shout out, LOL or just a virtual ‘High-Five,’ to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is.
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag us OR Sarah Maizes (our Parenting-Humorist-at-Large) in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment!
Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook!
1. Low expectations (The Dusty Parachute)
2. Name games (Tara Wood)
3. The other parent (Unremarkable Files)
More Back to school videos
Colorado school district plans to switch to 4-day week
Back-to-school injuries: What every parent needs to know
See the best mobile apps for managing the school year
Students at one Utah high school are facing fines for tardiness
4. Don't ask questions (Maybe I'll Shower Today)
5. Ask Santa (Why did we have to have all these kids anyway?)
6. Back to school blues (Science of Parenthood)
7. It's their problem now (The Unfit Father)
8. Picture day pitfalls (The Dose of Reality)
9. Code blue (That Tam I Am)
10. Not much room (Mama Needs a Nap)
11. What's the problem? (Ned Hickson)