- ½ pound hot Italian sausage links
- 1 ready-to-use thin crust Italian pizza bread shell (10 ounces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- ¾ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about ¾ cup)
- Fresh basil, for garnishing
DIRECTIONS Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat oven to 425. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Cook sausage in nonstick skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Slice into thin rounds. Place pizza crust on prepared pan. Spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan. Arrange sliced sausage, onion, and sweet peppers over sauce. Sprinkle shredded Jack cheese over pizza, leaving a 1- to 2-inch border around edge. Bake on lowest rack for 10 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with fresh basil. To serve, cut into 6 slices.
Nutrient Value Per Serving: 245 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated), 14 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 779 mg sodium, 23 mg cholesterol.
Total Prep: 15 minutes
Total Cook: 10 minutes
Total Bake: 10 minutes