- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray, Pam
- 1 can (11-ounce) Mexicorn, Green Giant
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 1/2-ounce) corn muffin mix, Jiffy
- 10 ounces lean ground turkey, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, Pillsbury
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, Bertolli
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) spicy black beans, S&W Regional Recipe: San Antonio Beans
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) stewed tomatoes, Mexican recipe style, S&W
- Garnishes: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped red onion.
(Preheat oven to 400 degrees)Spray 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Drain all but 2 tablespoons liquid from Mexicorn. Place reserved 2 tablespoons liquid in a medium bowl. Add egg to liquid and whisk to blend. Stir in Mexicorn. Add corn muffin mix and stir until just blended. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of corn bread comes out clean, about 20 minutes In a Ziploc bag, toss turkey with flour, until flour is absorbed into meat. Heat oil in a wide 2-quart pot over medium heat. Saute the turkey until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and tomatoes. Simmer over medium low heat until chili is slightly thick, about 8 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls. Top with sour cream, cilantro, and onion. Serve hot with corn bread.
Storage and Leftovers: Cover tightly and store corn bread at room temperature for up to 3 days. Cover tightly and store chili in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat over medium heat.