Serving size: 3 tacos
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tomato
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
Place the peppercorns on a double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together, and tie securely. Combine cheesecloth bag, water, salt, red pepper, and lime quarters in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until done. Drain. Discard cheesecloth bag and lime quarters.
Combine shrimp, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper, tossing well to coat. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp mixture into each tortilla; top each taco with 1 tablespoon tomato, 2 teaspoons sour cream, and 2 teaspoons onions.
VARIATIONSShredded rotisserie chicken or flaked, cooked fish also works well in these tacos.
Total time: 30 minutes
CALORIES 358 (20 percent from fat)
FAT 7.8g (sat 3g, mono 0.8g, poly 1.7g)