- 4 cups Wasabi Sun Dried Tomato Dressing (see recipe below)
- 4 cups red cabbage, julienne
- 4 cups green cabbage, julienne
- 8 cups spring greens, mixed
- 1 cup Candied Pecans (see recipe below)
- 1 cup mixed nuts, roasted (see *Note)
Toss the red cabbage, green cabbage, and spring greens together with the Wasabi Sun Dried Tomato Dressing until lightly coated. Divide into equal portions on salad plates, about 2 cups each. Top with 2 tablespoons of the candied pecans and 2 tablespoons of the roasted nuts.
*Note: Use a combination of your favorite nuts. We like to use: almonds, cashews, filberts, and pumpkin seeds. But use whatever is freshest and available in your area. Roast the nuts in 350 oven until they are golden brown, but not burned. Allow the roasted nuts to cool before using.
Wasabi Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
Makes 4 cups
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 cup Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce & Marinade®
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 2 (1-gram) packets of Equal® artificial sweetener
- 2 (1-gram) packets of Sweet ‘N Low® artificial sweetener
Combine all ingredients and blend in a food processor until smooth. Serve with your favorite salad greens. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Makes 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Pork & Veal Magic®
- 1 lb. roasted pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Barbecue Magic®
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients and mix well.
Toast the pecans in a skillet, or roast in the oven until golden brown. Combine the butter, cream and sugar in a skillet over high heat. Stir until melted. Add half of the seasoning. Stir in well. Cook until the mixture is thick and bubbling and foaming heavily, about 4 minutes. Add the pecans and stir until thoroughly coated. Cook until the sugar is sticky and caramelized. Remove the pecans with a slotted spoon and place on a sheet pan in a single layer to cool. While still warm, sprinkle on both sides with the remaining seasoning mix. Then, sprinkle lightly with chipotle chile.