- 1/2 pound fresh ricotta, squeezed in cheesecloth if watery
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon, julienne with a zester
- Zest of 1 orange, julienne with a zester
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
DIRECTIONS Place the ricotta in a mixing bowl and whip it with an electric mixer of a whisk until smooth. Place the heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whip it while adding the sugar a little at a time, until well incorporated.
Fold the whipped cream into the ricotta, then add the following ingredients one at a time, mixing carefully: almonds, pistachios, lemon zest, orange zest, and chocolate.
Refrigerate until serving, but don’t let it sit for more than an hour, or it will lose its fluffiness. Add the strawberries just before serving so that they don’t “bleed out” and color the dish.