- 6 tablespoons light butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute or 2 tablespoons egg whites mixed with 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor or with an electric mixer, combine the butter or margarine, brown sugar, egg substitute or egg white mixture, and vanilla extract. Process or mix until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter or margarine mixture, and process or mix well. Stir in the raisins and cinnamon.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto the lined baking sheet, spacing them 1 1/2” apart. Flatten each cookie slightly with the tip of a spoon or fingers dampened with water.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool in the pan on a rack for 1 minute. Remove to the rack and cool completely.
1 g protein
9 g carbohydrates
1 g total fat
1 g saturated fat
3 mg cholesterol
5 g dietary fiber
23 mg sodium