- Makes 4 servings
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the linguine according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar and salt; cook, stirring as needed, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in the linguine; cook, tossing constantly, until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve, topped with the cheese.
Per serving: 231 Calories, 4 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 1 mg Cholesterol, 311 mg Sodium, 42 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 8 g Protein, 58 mg Calcium.
Points Per Serving: 4
Tip: Fresh basil is a nice addition to this recipe. Add ½ cup of minced fresh leaves or 1-2 tablespoons dried when you stir in the linguine.