Habanero mango dipping sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp seeded, chopped habanero chile
- 1/4 tsp roasted garlic puree
- 1 1/3 cups (1 med) peeled, chopped Mango
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
Jerk chicken skewers
- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 3 lbs chicken tenders, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp. ½ tsp dry rub jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup Jimmy’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- 1/2 tsp Angel Dust Cajun seasoning
- Non stick vegetable spray
To prepare mango sauce
Heat oil over high heat in a small non-stick pan. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add garlic puree and cook for an additional minute. Transfer to a blender with mango, water, honey, salt & pepper. Puree until smooth. Pour sauce into small container, stir in cilantro, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, or overnight as needed.
To prepare chickenSeason the tenders with 1 tbsp. of Jerk Seasoning, place chicken in a plastic resealable bag and add the jerk marinade. Coat all pieces evenly. Seal bags and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours.
Simply grill for several minutes.
When ready to cook: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Remove the chicken wings from plastic bags and transfer to the prepared pan. Discard the marinade. Combine the remaining ½ tsp of Jerk seasoning with the Cajun seasoning and sprinkle the chicken with the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes and then flip and bake for another 15 minutes, until the marinade begins to brown.
Serve with mango sauce.