- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Transfer the spinach mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste. Prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat). Lighty oil the grill rack. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Spread the pesto over the center of each plate. Top with the chicken and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 8 minutes