- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced rosemary
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise
- 4 large whole wheat rolls or pita or baguette
- 8 thin slices goat cheese (where available or use Mozzarella)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- Freshly ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS To make the dressing: Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings. To assemble the sandwiches: Cut the rolls in half horizontally. Hollow out a bit of the top half. Spread the dressing over the inside of the top and bottom. Layer the spinach, cheese, chicken, and peppers on the bottom. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover with the top. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate before serving.
A great alternative is to serve this over mixed greens as a salad.