SERVING: 1 DOZEN
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup soy margarine
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 organic eggs or 1 egg’s worth of egg replacement
- 4-5 organic apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup date sugar
DIRECTIONS Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 X 13-inch pan. In a large bowl, combine the flour margarine, Sucanat, and vanilla. Mix well with a pastry blender or hand mixer until it resembles small crumbs. Press the mixture into the pan.
In a large bowl, toss the apples with the date sugar and cinnamon. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine and drizzle it over the apple mixture. Toss until well combined. Spread the apple mixture evenly over the crust with a spatula. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the fruit bubbles. Cut into bars while still warm.
Great served warm with a side of Soy Delicious vanilla ice cream!