Ever wondered what the ultimate wake-up playlist looks like?
Well, the folks over at digital music service Spotify have partnered with music psychologist David M. Greenberg to create that ideal playlist, scientifically engineered to help you wake up easily and happily. And just in time for Daylight Savings, too.
Among the top picks are “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay, “Downtown” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, “Lovely Day” by Bill Withers, and “Confident” by Demi Lovato.
So, what makes a song perfect for kickstarting your day? Apparently, the three main factors include music that "builds," has positive lyrics, and a strong beat. Those things are most likely to get you moving in the early hours of the day.
- Coldplay - Viva La Vida
- St. Lucia - Elevate
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Downtown
- Bill Withers - Lovely Day
- Avicii - Wake Me Up
- Pentatonix - Can't Sleep Love
- Demi Lovato - Confident
- Arcade Fire - Wake Up
- Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself
- Sam Smith - Money On My Mind
- Esperanza Spalding - I Can't Help It
- John Newman - Come and Get It
- Felix Jaehn - Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better)
- Mark Ronson - Feel Right
- Clean Bandit - Rather Be
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking on Sunshine
- Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World
- MisterWives - Reflections
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Warm Blood
- iLoveMemphis - Hit The Quan