- 1 lb. assorted Heirloom tomatoes (blanched, peeled and cut into wedges and slices)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup picked summer herbs (tarragon, basil, cherril, hyssop)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- Coarse sea salt or fleur de sel
Arrange the tomato slices and wedges on a platter and sprinkle with vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Tear the herbs and spread over the tomatoes. Cover with plastic and leave at room temperature. This can be prepared half an hour ahead of time if salted, three hours ahead if not salted.
Peel and slice the avocado into 1-inch slices and rub with lemon juice. Try to do the avocado at the last minute and arrange with the tomatoes.