Vogue's 5 fall trends for under $100
Vogue's very chic 100 under $100Play Video
Bobbie Thomas finds fabulous summer footwear
Fun summer fashions to keep your kids cool
His wife is 'ready for red carpet' after Ambush Makeover
Has J. Crew lost its luster? Some think so
No matter how many years have rolled by since you last associated the end of summer with the dreaded return to reading, writing, and arithmetic, the month of September always conjures up a back-to-school feeling. And what goes better with a back-to-school feeling than a little back-to-school shopping?
It's the trend that emerges so frequently it¹s practically a perennial: menswear. From oversize blazers to brogues, this fall is all about appropriating the best things about your boyfriend¹s closet, but without sacrificing your feminine appeal.
- Favorite V-neck tan cardigan, $ 79, AnnTaylor.com
- Slim cropped pants, $54.95, Gap
- Chunky ID bracelet, $48, Guess.com
- Sarah Chloe Lana silver elongated rings, $98, SarahChloe.com
- Gold signet ring, $65, Tommy Hilfiger
- Printed stripe zip-top clutch, $48, C. Wonder
The sporting life
Maybe it's the approaching Olympic Games or maybe it¹s the irresistible appeal of dressing for football weather. Whatever it is, fashion has definitely taken an athletic turn this fall with winning looks from colorful, function-first watches to sporty sweaters.
The natural life
Who says you have to be bold in order to be noticed? What about the merits of a more subversive approach? This season brings forth a crop of soft, feminine neutrals that will get the job done and this includes what you put in your makeup bag as well.
- Cashmere-and-wool sweater, $98.50, Massimo Dutti
- Cable-knit sweater, $59.90, Zara
- Asymmetrical cable pullover, $99, Rachel Roy
- Midi lace dress, $65, ASOS
- Suede-zipper ankle boots, $89.95, Gap
- Mid-length circle skirt, $95, AmericanApparel.net
Never fear, a set of pearls need not be worn only with a twinset. As evidenced by Dior and Lanvin, your grandmothers jewelry can take on a modern, artistic and dare we say dangerous attitude this fall.
Simple, structured, and easy-on-the-hardware, this fall's best bag is also the quietest and most ladylike.
- Soft pink dress, $59.95, H&M
- Candyland double vision satchel, $89, Ninewest.com
- Synthetic patent leather court shoe, $99, Zara
Find more information about Vogue's "100 Under $100 Guide" here.