LUXOR, Egypt — The funeral of a 28 year-old waiter in southern Egypt turned into a celebration when he woke up after being declared dead.
- The Super-Dads of The Avengers Talk About Parenting (VIDEO)
- Florida Mom Allegedly Forced 7-Year-Old Son to Jump from Window
- Kanye West Gets Hands-On with Kim Kardashian During Paris Fashion Week
- Want a Chanel Dress but Can't Afford One? Shop This Look for Less
- Paula Patton on Robin Thicke Split: 'Everything Happens for a Reason'
Hospital officials had pronounced dead Hamdi Hafez al-Nubi, who came from the village of Naga al-Simman in the southern province of Luxor, after he suffered a heart attack while working.
His family says grieving relatives took him home and, according to Islamic tradition, washed his body and prepared him for burial Friday evening.
A doctor sent to sign the death certificate found it strange that his body was warm. At closer observation she discovered he was still alive.
His mother fainted upon hearing the good news.
With the doctor's assistance, both al-Nubi and his mother were awakened and soon were celebrating with guests.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.