MEDINA, Ohio — A cat has survived a four-hour, 200-mile ride under the hood of a car traveling through Ohio.
- Flip or Flop's Tarek El Moussa Avoids Diaper Duty - But He Has a Good Excuse!
- The Snuggle Is Real: We're Thankful for These Clips of Cute Animals Eating Pumpkins
- 15 Can't-Miss Grab Bag Gifts at Every Price Point
- Daphne Oz Goes on Family Beach Outing One Month After Giving Birth
- VIDEO: Diane Von Fürstenberg Isn't Just a Fashion Expert, She's a Foodie Too!
WJW-TV reports a man who'd left Xenia in southwest Ohio on a drive to Cleveland Sunday afternoon stopped at a rest area south of his destination when he smelled something. A patrolling state trooper found the motorist with his hood up and a large black and white cat that wasn't his stuck in the engine compartment. The animal had burns on the right side.
The cat was taken to an animal hospital in nearby Lodi where Dr. Linda Randall said he was going to be fine.
Randall is calling him "Eclipse" because that was the model of the car. The SPCA is trying to find the feline's owner.
Information from: WJW-TV, http://www.fox8.com
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.