MEDINA, Ohio — A cat has survived a four-hour, 200-mile ride under the hood of a car traveling through Ohio.
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Kiss Over Breakfast, Another Baby on the Way for Christian Bale & More
- Beyoncé, Jennifer Garner Unite for 'Ban Bossy' Girl Empowerment Campaign
- What Is Sled Hockey? Paralympic Star Taylor Lipsett Explains
- Richie Sambora on Ex Heather Locklear: 'She's Still Hot!'
- 'Yellow King Theory': Watch the Web's Funniest True Detective Parodies
WJW-TV reports a man who'd left Xenia in southwest Ohio on a drive to Cleveland Sunday afternoon stopped at a rest area south of his destination when he smelled something. A patrolling state trooper found the motorist with his hood up and a large black and white cat that wasn't his stuck in the engine compartment. The animal had burns on the right side.
The cat was taken to an animal hospital in nearby Lodi where Dr. Linda Randall said he was going to be fine.
Randall is calling him "Eclipse" because that was the model of the car. The SPCA is trying to find the feline's owner.
Information from: WJW-TV, http://www.fox8.com
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.