MEDINA, Ohio — A cat has survived a four-hour, 200-mile ride under the hood of a car traveling through Ohio.
- Joanna Krupa Gets Egg-Retrieval Procedure (VIDEO)
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
WJW-TV reports a man who'd left Xenia in southwest Ohio on a drive to Cleveland Sunday afternoon stopped at a rest area south of his destination when he smelled something. A patrolling state trooper found the motorist with his hood up and a large black and white cat that wasn't his stuck in the engine compartment. The animal had burns on the right side.
The cat was taken to an animal hospital in nearby Lodi where Dr. Linda Randall said he was going to be fine.
Randall is calling him "Eclipse" because that was the model of the car. The SPCA is trying to find the feline's owner.
Information from: WJW-TV, http://www.fox8.com
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.