LOS ANGELES — Universal Studios says it will spend several hundred million dollars to build a Harry Potter attraction inside its existing Hollywood theme park, mimicking the success of a similar park in Orlando, Florida
More from TODAY.com
Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
- Lauren Hill, inspirational college basketball player, dies
- Marathon dad's victories help raise money for son with spina bifida
- Will it work on Vale? Savannah tries tissue sleeping trick at home
- Listen to the chilling 911 call Sandra Bullock made during break-in
- Hillary Clinton: Granddaughter led me 'to speed up' political plans
The attraction will create more than 1,000 jobs at Universal and even more from an expected boost in tourism.Universal Orlando pulling plug on long-running Jaws ride
At the same time, Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter will get an expansion.
Since the Harry Potter attraction opened in Florida in June of last year, attendance has jumped by around 50 percent.Story: Harry Potter attraction may be coming to Calif. theme park
Universal executives did not immediately detail their plans for the Hollywood park.
(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.