LOS ANGELES — Universal Studios says it will spend several hundred million dollars to build a Harry Potter attraction inside its existing Hollywood theme park, mimicking the success of a similar park in Orlando, Florida
More from TODAY.com
Viral bikini photo mom: 'The real you is worth showing to the world'
With a single photo of herself on the beach, Rachel Hollis ignited a body acceptance revolution. Now, the mother of three ...
- Olivia Wilde on post-baby body: I won't waste time on 'perfection'
- Girl enlists NY Jets players to ask friend with autism to the prom
- Mom to get kidney from stranger who spotted message on her windshield
- Stop what you're doing and play Pac-Man on Google Maps
- Viral bikini photo mom: 'The real you is worth showing to the world'
The attraction will create more than 1,000 jobs at Universal and even more from an expected boost in tourism.Universal Orlando pulling plug on long-running Jaws ride
At the same time, Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter will get an expansion.
Since the Harry Potter attraction opened in Florida in June of last year, attendance has jumped by around 50 percent.Story: Harry Potter attraction may be coming to Calif. theme park
Universal executives did not immediately detail their plans for the Hollywood park.
(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.