LOS ANGELES — Universal Studios says it will spend several hundred million dollars to build a Harry Potter attraction inside its existing Hollywood theme park, mimicking the success of a similar park in Orlando, Florida
More from TODAY.com
That's cold! Jimmy Fallon soaks pal Lindsay Lohan for Ice Bucket Challenge
The cold clips just keep coming! As more and more celebrities take the Ice Bucket Challenge in support of ALS awareness (a...
- Watch out for ‘pension predators’ promising quick cash
- Meet the celebrity stylist who makes 'hot guys hotter' for the VMAs
- Want to try LeBron James' Paleo diet? 3 things we get wrong about carbs
- Labor Day drive to be most clogged in 6 years
- That's cold! Jimmy Fallon soaks pal Lindsay Lohan for Ice Bucket Challenge
The attraction will create more than 1,000 jobs at Universal and even more from an expected boost in tourism.Universal Orlando pulling plug on long-running Jaws ride
At the same time, Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter will get an expansion.
Since the Harry Potter attraction opened in Florida in June of last year, attendance has jumped by around 50 percent.Story: Harry Potter attraction may be coming to Calif. theme park
Universal executives did not immediately detail their plans for the Hollywood park.
(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.