Tom Cruise is ready to rock -- and, yes, sing -- as a headbanger!
More Entertainment stories
Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
In a popular YouTube video, the beaming little ballerina dances an entire four-minute routine seemingly perfectly, matchin...
- Every on-screen drink in 'Mad Men' in 5 minutes
- See the 'Dancing' stars' most memorable moves
- Emmy's biggest snubs? Cranston, Hamm, more
- 'Toy Story' toys burn up in prank on mom
- Autistic ballerina dances her way into hearts
The actor, 48, will play fictional heavy metal star Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages, the big-screen adaptation of the hit Broadway musical, film director Adam Shankman confirmed to E! News' Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet at Sunday's Oscars.
"He's studying his vocals," Shankman said.
In the show, Cruise's character sings Jon Bon Jovi's classic "Wanted Dead or Alive."
But, er, can Cruise carry a tune like his wife Katie Holmes?
"He can sing!" Shankman said. "It's a miracle!"
Along with Holmes, Cruise checked out a performance of the show last Sunday in Hollywood, where American Idol alum Constantine Maroulis stars.
Copyright 2012 Us Weekly