Fun, simple, savory chicken
We’re in the summer barbecue season, so why not put a modern twist on a classic grilling favorite? LXTV New York host Sara Gore shares a chicken dish that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- 1 pound chicken, preferably legs (dark meat stays moist on the grill)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped shallot, garlic, ginger, equal parts
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Sharp white cheddar, shredded
- Chopped cilantro
- Slider buns
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a baking dish, pour some sauce over chicken and set aside remaining sauce to spread on buns. Cover with aluminum foil and roast in oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Chicken should be almost fully cooked (165 degrees at fully cooked).Grill chicken over medium-high heat to crisp the skin and get a nice char, a couple of minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let rest. Remove meat from bone and in a mixing bowl mix in a little more barbecue sauce.
Grill the buns. Spread a little remaining barbecue sauce on buns. Add some extra-sharp cheddar, top with chicken, pickled onions and fresh cilantro.