Two and a Half Men

Sheen: 'Men' should end after this season

Jan. 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM ET

CBS /
Has "Two and a Half Men" run its course?

Charlie Sheen thinks his former CBS hit, "Two and a Half Men," has run its course, and needs to end after its current season.

"I don't think they should go on past this year," Sheen told the New York Post. "I just think that people are there because there's nowhere else to go yet."

Sheen also claimed the show's quality has declined, getting in a dig at his former boss, Chuck Lorre, who famously fired him in 2011.

"I don't think that [replacement Ashton Kutcher] is working with the best writing because Chuck is doing too many shows," he told the Post. "He and Jon [Cryer] and Angus [T. Jones] deserve better material."

Sheen had kind words for his replacement, Ashton Kutcher, saying that he himself once replaced a popular actor when he took over for Michael J. Fox on "Spin City," and knows the difficulty.

"It's so f---ing hard you can't believe it," he told the newspaper. "It's all you're thinking about, and you're surrounded by these ghosts. So hats off to him for doing the best job that he can."

Earlier this month, Sheen told Us Weekly that he "was kind of impressed" by Kutcher's reported dalliance with another woman while still married to Demi Moore.

Whatever Sheen thinks of the show, it's unlikely to be canceled. Ratings are apparently up, and earlier this month, Kutcher said he is eager to film more seasons.

 

Should this be the last season for "Two and a Half Men"? Vote in our poll and tell us on Facebook.

Related content:

TOP