TODAY's Takeaway: Powerball pay day, William talks George
1. Will Seeley, the hilarious “Ocean’s 16” Powerball winner, stopped by Studio 1A to chat with Matt about his $3.8 million pay check. After pseudo-joking about quitting his job (“I just might disappear into the woods and hunt and fish every day”), he revealed that he’s going to use the money to help his cancer-stricken father.
“I just told him, ‘You don’t have to worry about nothing financially except getting healthy and beating cancer,’” Seeley told Matt.
Lotto winner: I'll help dad pay for cancer treatmentsPlay Video
Exclusive first look inside Virginia gunman's apartment
Tropical storm Erika nears US, destruction in its wake
Hillary Clinton on the offense as Biden looms large
Savannah State shooting prompts college lockdown
2. Jeff Rossen reported that a Michigan doctor has been telling his patients they have cancer, even when they don't, and then prescribing chemotherapy as part of an alleged $35 million Medicare fraud.
Rossen Reports: Doctor allegedly gave needless chemoPlay Video
FTC sues controversial energy drink company that targets students
New tracking technology could change the way police catch suspects
Would you stop someone from using a fake resume at a job interview?
Hidden camera: Would you stop a drunk from getting behind the wheel?
3. The late-night-in-the-morning fun continues! Jimmy Fallon admitted to Savannah that he’s a bit anxious about replacing Jay Leno next year.
"It's a little nerve-wracking but exciting to step into his shoes,” he said. "I hope I make him proud."
Fallon: Savannah is better guest than Al, MattPlay Video
Downton Abbey Stars Speak Out About Show's Final Curtain
NTSB: Driver in Tracy Morgan Crash Hadn't Slept for 28 Hours
NFL MVP and Broadcaster Frank Gifford Dies at 84
NFL and Broadcast Legend Frank Gifford Dies at 84
4. Prince William spoke officially Wednesday for the first time since his son’s birth.
“He’s pretty loud and, of course, extremely good-looking,” William joked about 3-week-old George.
William also held a falcon, inspiring us to create an amazing slideshow featuring royals with animals. Yes, Harry’s in there. In overalls. With a pony.
William: Prince George is 'extremely good-looking'Play Video
Darius Rucker: What I'd do if I met Paul McCartney
Hacks designed to make everyday tasks easier
See a tour of 'Dragon Tattoo' sights and scenes
Debbie Gibson talks being a teen sensation
5. Remember when Natalie told millions of viewers that her sister tricked her into drinking pee when she was a kid? Well, that inspired a bevy of horrible and hysterical sibling horror stories from fans on Twitter and Facebook.
Tomorrow on TODAY: We'll meet Natalie, Al and Willie’s siblings!
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!