Get Stuff We Love
When there’s a new lady in your life around the holidays, gift giving can start to feel extra complicated. You want to impress her, but you don’t want to go over the top and scare her off. You want to show you are paying attention, but you don’t want to feel like a stalker. So how do you make an impression without going overboard? These great gifts are a strong start.
- Skin Authority's Body Drench Duo is smart in the new girlfriend situation because it’s thoughtful without being “too much." The scrub and body butter duo will make her skin way more touchable too. ($50, Skinauthority.com)
- Tipsy Elves makes hilarious fun (er, humorously ugly) holiday apparel. They're known for their ugly Christmas sweaters but have everything from retro ski suits to adult onesies and sweaters, including awesome Hanukkah ones. For a new S.O., a onesie would be a fun gift to watch Netflix together in. Not so expensive that it sends the wrong idea, and cute enough to gain brownie points. ($65, Tipsyelves.com)
- Plush chenille yarns make this throw especially soft and perfect for snuggling. Hand-woven on a traditional wooden loom, it’s airy, open weave is cozy and comfy yet not too heavy, so she’ll want to wrap up in it all year long. ($98, coyuchi.com)
- This tray makes for the perfect bathroom #shelfie; a made-in-Japan way to display her treasures. ($80, Tatcha.com)
- The gift of pampering will never stop being appreciated. Whether sending her an at-home makeup application and blowout via Glamsquad. This gift is great because the stylists come to you.
- Or try the gift that keeps on giving, like a membership to unlimited blowout subscription service Vive, she’ll have some much-deserved me time, look and feel her best, and have you to thank.
- Let's be real: The cases that keep phones the most safe tend not to be all that cute. One of OtterBox’s most recent cases is a luxe leather case with an inside pocket. She’ll think of you every time she picks up her phone. ($50, Otterbox.com)
- How about a special, one-of-a-kind recycled metal personalized necklace? ($110, BrilliantEarth.com)
- It’s a guarantee your girlfriend would love a whole lot more spa days in her life. But time and budget often get in the way. This brings the spa home by recreating the Japanese two-step cleansing process. ($250, shop.panasonic.com)
- Handmade in India, this glittering handbag holds the last of this day’s rays sewn in silvery beads, sequins and silk. The Asha Handicrafts Association brings hope to makers in and around Mumbai by ensuring fair wages and providing design consultancy. The end results are stunning. ($49, tenthousandvillages.com)
- Bubbles make all occasions extra special. ($50, Veuve-clicquot.com)
- This powerful, pint-sized wireless Bluetooth speaker is built for adventure and comes in so many color options. ($99, ultimateears.com)
- Everyone can use a little bit of chill in their lives, and so can she. These are refreshing aromatheraputic body sprays based on the seven main chakras, or energy centers, in the body. ($85, Aveda.com)
- This device is literally one battery to charge them all, perfect if your girl is always out and about with a dead phone. ($70, Ventev.com)