Name one game show that has been making audiences laugh for the past 40 years.
If you guessed "Family Feud," you're most likely a viewer of the beloved show, which has invited families from all over the country to compete against each other for cash and prizes since July 1976.
The game asks contestants to guess answers to everyday survey questions that have been previously posed to groups of 100 people. Sounds simple, right?
Of course, over the show's four-decade history, contestants have blurted out zany on-the-spot answers that have made viewers howl. The show's fun-loving hosts — including original emcee Richard Dawson and current host Steve Harvey — have helped keep the laughs coming.
From pregnancy to the Pillsbury Doughboy, here are seven of the game's all-time funniest moments.
1. The time Richard Dawson lost it when a contestant guessed what strangers might talk about. (Stay with it until the end!)
2. The time Steve Harvey was concerned when an enthusiastic contestant screamed "Nekkid grandma!"
3. The time a contestant in the Fast Money round gave a hilarious answer to the question, "During what month of pregnancy does a woman begin to look pregnant?"
4. The time the Brown family shared their knowledge of different cuts of pork ... cupine.
5. The time a contestant pointed out one thing he had in common with the Pillsbury Doughboy.
6. The time two prudent husbands paused before answering a question about the seven dwarves.
7. And, finally, the time this poor woman was asked to name just one kind of yellow fruit — and failed spectacularly.
Thanks for the laughs, "Family Feud," and happy anniversary!