Before speaking Sunday at the interfaith vigil in Newtown, Conn. for the victims of Friday's Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, President Barack Obama met with families of those killed in the shooting.
One of the daughters of murdered principal Dawn Hochstrung tweeted a photo that afternoon of the president holding her baby daughter.
The slain administrator is being hailed as a hero in the tragedy that took place at her school.
"My Mom would be SO proud to see President Obama holding her granddaughter," wrote Cristina Hassinger, one of Hochsprung's two daughters, "But not as proud as I am of her."
Read: Obama assures Newtown: 'You are not alone' at vigil
Police said Adam Lanza, 20, killed his mother before driving to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed the children and six other women before committing suicide Friday.
- Victims in Connecticut shooting: Daring principal, fun-loving teacher, 6-year-old twin brother
- 'Devastating' details about shooting emerge
- Dad mourns 'loss of innocence' of Newtown kids
- Newtown pastor: Parents asked about kids' last moments
- Vigils, services honor school shooting victims
- Video: 'Our hearts are broken,' Obama says
- Gunman's mother owned weapons used in massacre
- Slain hero teacher's family: 'She loved those students more than anything'