We're just one year away from the 31st Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro, and TODAY kicked off the countdown in grand fashion.
Between athletes stopping by on the plaza, sharing updates on their training, to a look at whether or not the city will be ready for the 2016 Olympics, it's becoming clear that the Games are just around the corner.
- Wednesday, Olympic athletes and Rio hopefuls gathered on the TODAY Plaza along with an excited crowd cheering them on.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings weighed in on whether or not she thinks she'll be able to compete in the 2016 games.
- The hopefuls showed off their skills right on the TODAY plaza.
- We got a look at some of Brazil's best dishes and drinks.
- Natalie paid a visit to the "Marvelous City" to get an in-depth look at whether or not Rio will be ready in time for the games as well as what goes into a city's preparations for the Games.