With the summer heat it's hard to think about fall clothing but the stores are stocked with the latest fashions for the upcoming season so revamp your wardrobe with these transitional styles. Tracy Taylor, fashion director of “Marie Claire” magazine shares some great splurge vs. steal fashion that'll take you from summer to fall.
Vampy black dress: This is a conservative dress while still being chic, and is a great look to go straight from the office to drinks or dinner. For the summer wear it bare legged but add tights to it come fall. Pair with a Mary-Jane which is also a huge trend for fall but great to wear now with all your skirts and dresses.
- Black shift dress: Chaiken, $436
- Black structured bag: YSL, $1,395
- Black Mary-Jane: Stuart Weitzman, $299
- Total = $2,130
- Black shift dress: Necessary Objects, $58
- Black structured bag: Banana Republic, $228
- Black Mary-Jane: Worthington for JC Penney, $60
- Total = $346
Splurge vs. steal: This is more about quality. In regards to the splurge everything is better quality — the fabric, stitching, and general wear and tear on these pieces. The splurge will last you through the seasons while the steal may just last you through the trend
Total difference = Around $1800
Cropped pant Cropped pants are great for the summer and the fall. They are airy and comfortable in the heat and won’t stick to your legs plus you can wear them to work! Preppy Chic is a huge trend for fall, and was seen on the fall runways in shows such as Luella and Balenciaga.
- Blue striped button down: J Crew, $68
- Cropped pant: Marc by Marc, $400
- Heeled oxford: Stuart Weitzman, $285
- Total = $753
- Blue striped button down: American Eagle, $39
- Cropped pant: H and M, $34
- Heeled oxford: Aerosoles, $140
- Total = $213
Splurge vs. steal: This difference is all in the fabric: Splurge’s fabric is much thicker and is a wool blend, while the steal’s is a thinner fabric and you may not get the same wear out of it.
Total difference = Around $500
The leather jacket is a great trend for everyone!!! It is an easy and fun way to change your look! Update your favorite summer dress or turn that pretty dress into edgy and flirty. It's also great for the summer on those cool nights, a cocktail party or a night on the town!
- Leather jacket: Mike and Chris, $725
- Green silk dress: Banana Republic, $168
- Silver strappy sandal: Jimmy Choo, $535
- Total = $1,428
- Leather jacket: Express, $198
- Green silk dress: Forever 21, $23
- Silver strappy sandal: Guess, $99
- Total = $320
Splurge vs. steal: The major difference here is the fit and fabric. The splurge’s fit is more tailored and the leather is a better quality and softer.
Total difference = Around $1000