If you’re a fan of Fixer Upper, you know that Joanna Gaines knows how to make homes beautiful.
The designer has turned even the most disastrous properties into something stunning, and luckily for us, she’s been sharing some of her secrets on her blog so that we can get the look in our humble abodes, too.
In a recent post, Joanna revealed some tips that anyone can use to transform their home in a day — no shiplap required. The secret? An annual deep clean! (We're holding our groans because if Joanna says it's important, it's important!)
The guide covers how to “get in the zone” for cleaning (hint: it involves good music and a candle) as well as how to tackle each room. See some our favorite spring cleaning tasks Joanna suggests to refresh your home, and check out her full list here:
- Wipe down baseboards
- Wipe dust off blinds
- Shake out your rugs
- Clean your oven and the microwave
- Reorganize your pantry
- Throw out expired condiments from the fridge
- Vacuum all furniture
- Replace your air filters
Bedroom and closet
- Rotate or flip your mattress
- Organize clothes and donate pieces you don’t wear anymore
- Replace shower curtain liner
- Wash bath mats
- Wash toothbrush holder
- Create a filing system for paperwork or other important documents
- Toss junk from your drawers
For the full list of what Joanna suggests tidying up around the house, visit her blog at magnoliamarket.com.