Lena Dunham tells it like it is and Hannah Horvath says the darndest things. Dunham has been putting words into the mouth of her "Girls" character for three seasons and this weekend, as the host of "Saturday Night Live," she's bound to perform in skits inspired by both personas.
If you've watched enough of the HBO series or read Dunham's interviews or Twitter musings, you might think you can tell the two apart. You might be wrong — they're pretty much the same person. But you should totally try anyway, with this quiz, using real quotes.
Who's said it — Lena or Hannah?
1. "I don't want to freak you out, but I think I may be the voice of my generation."
2. "If you're not into me, that's your problem, and you're going to have to kind of work that out with whatever professionals you've hired."
3. "I'd been like, 'If I never date again in my whole life, I'll be fine with it! I want to work and rescue rabbits and be a notable eccentric!'"
4. "The worst stuff that you say sounds better than the best stuff that some other people say."
5. "I am 13 pounds overweight and it has been awful for me my whole life."
6. "Sexuality isn't a perfect puzzle, like, 'He has a nice nose and she has a nice nose! She's got great breasts and he's got great calves! And so they're going to live happily ever after in a house that was purchased with their modeling money!' It's a complicated thing."
7. "Any mean thing someone’s gonna think of to say about me, I’ve already said to me, about me, probably in the last half hour."
8. "I always say that you can divide the world into two kinds of women: those who are attracted to Adam and those who aren’t."
9. "I used to come home from school and just sit and eat cheesy popcorn and watch ‘Singled Out,’ and I don’t know how I ever thought things could get better than that."
10. "I can never tell if guys are attractive in a loserly way or if they’re just losers."
11. "I think I just feel how everyone feels — which is I have three or four really great folk albums in me."
12. "Gosh, boys get so mad when you use words they don't know."
In case you missed it, check out Dunham's interview with Savannah Guthrie on TODAY. And tune into "SNL" Saturday at 11:35 p.m. on NBC.
Oh! The answers ...
1. Hannah 2. Lena 3. Lena 4. Hannah 5. Hannah 6. Lena 7. Hannah 8. Lena 9. Lena 10. Hannah 11. Hannah 12. Lena