Sheen: Warner Bros. is lying about 'Men' negotiations
First Charlie Sheen announced that he and his ex-bosses were in talks for his possible return to "Two and a Half Men." Then a letter from Warner Bros. attorneys made it clear that the talks didn’t and wouldn’t happen. Now? It looks there’s no end in sight to the did/did-not drama, as Sheen and his lawyer counter that response.
“That’s ridiculous,” Sheen’s attorney, Marty Singer, told The Hollywood Reporter of Warner Bros. claim that “there have been no discussions, there are no discussions, and there will be no discussions.” According to Singer, “There absolutely have been discussions. As late as this Tuesday there have been discussions about Charlie coming back and everyone was involved.”
Singer believes that the only reason Warner Bros. sent out a letter to the contrary is because last week, he sent the studio a demand for back-end payments allegedly owed to his client.
“This is the response (to that),” Singer said.
As for Sheen, he also claims the message from Warner Bros. is a lie. TMZ reports that during the Thursday night stop on the star’s “My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option” tour, he told a Toronto audience that discussions were still on with the “Men” bigwigs.
"Negotiations with 'Two and a Half Men' are moving forward,” Sheen said. “We need to get in a room and fix this thing … give the people what they want."