TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Jane Birkin to Hermes: Take my name off crocodile bag
Milwaukee plane crash kills 2 after failed landing attempts
Rossen Reports: What are your rights during a traffic stop?
Dentist who killed Cecil the lion faces growing backlash, protests
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Move over, Grumpy Cat: Meet Earl the grumpy puppy
Aww! Rescue dog snuggles with toddler in must-see viral video
Pets on planes: Are passengers lying to get animals on flights?
Watch: Orangutan kisses pregnant woman's belly through glass
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Natalie Imbruglia performs 'Torn' for Throwback Thursday
Grace performs 'You Don't Own Me' on TODAY
American Authors performs 'Go Big or Go Home'
Andy Grammer is 'Back Home' on the TODAY plaza
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Bacon Flavored Seaweed?
Call to 911: 'I Bought Some Chinese Food and It's Not to Par…'
General Mills Announces Cereal Shake-Up
Possible E-Coli Triggers Bottled Water Recall
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!