TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
TODAY's Trending: Woman vs. bear vs. kayak
Shooting survivor's brother: My sister asked doctor for bullet he removed
Stories of survival and heroism from the mass shooting in Oregon
Kendra Hatcher murder: Suspected gunman arrested, warrant issued for 'planner'
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Are you ready for the 'pooch selfie?'
This leopard's in a spot with his head in a pot
#MakeADogsDay: Meet 3 dogs who are ready for adoption
What is a quokka? 'Who Knew?' tests your zoo IQ
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Andrew McMahon performs 'Cecilia and the Satellite'
Darlene Love is back! She performs new single 'Forbidden Nights'
Iyaz teams with Nash of Hot Chelle Rae to perform 'Alive'
Rising star Alessia Carr performs new single 'Here'
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Couple Drops More Than 300 Lbs
Sweatworking: Business On The Mats
From Hustling Drugs to Bootcamp: Ex-cons Find a New Path
How to Lose the Freshman 15 and Why Some Won't Have To
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!