1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Life well lived: Director Garry Marshall
How necessary is it to build a wall across the Mexican border?
What do leaked DNC emails mean for Clinton, Trump?
University of Florida football player stops rape of unconscious woman
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Meet puppies up for adoption during 'Clear the Shelters' event
Puffin Awesome! New Iceland attraction lets you snorkel with the adorable birds
Watch playful manatee latch on to paddleboard
This French bulldog just keeps swimming - without water
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Celine Dion plays 'Would You Rather?'
Celine Dion performs 'Water and a Flame' live on TODAY
Celine Dion performs 'Over the Rainbow' live on TODAY
Celine Dion sings 'A New Day Has Come,' 'I'm Alive' on TODAY
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Is frozen yogurt really healthier than ice cream? Real ways to cut calories
Weight loss tops the 2013 resolution list
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!