TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
TODAY kicks off annual Toy Drive with Amazon.com
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree almost ready for lighting ceremony
Young doctor helping St. Jude kids was once a patient
Is it stuffing or dressing? The Thanksgiving debate rages on
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Meet the rescue dog who rescued Andy Cohen
#MakeADogsDay: Meet 3 dogs who are ready for adoption
Pamper your pooch without emptying your wallet
Top dogs: Meet the National Dog Show's most unusual breeds
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Tom Jones performs 'Elvis Presley Blues' on TODAY
Adele serenades TODAY with new song 'Million Years Ago'
Secret Weapons make TV debut with 'Something New'
Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear perform on TODAY
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
TODAY's 16 to '16 participants make a difference at a soup kitchen
Beloved Blue Bell Back in Business
Debunking Food Myths
Michelin Star Chef Serves Treats to Metro Riders
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!