TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli take the Fifth before Congress
Average US mortgage rate falls for 5th straight week
54 million Americans may be mislabeled 'overweight' or 'obese'
Study: Whooping cough booster doesn't give suitable protection
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Meet the rescue dog who rescued Andy Cohen
#MakeADogsDay: Meet 3 dogs who are ready for adoption
Pamper your pooch without emptying your wallet
Dogs love their owners 5 times more than cats do, study says
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Jim Dolan performs 'Better Find A Church' with JD and The Straight Shot
Soulful singer Tank performs 'You Don't Know'
See Humming House's music video for 'Anthony's Song'
Charlie Puth performs platinum-selling hit 'Marvin Gaye'
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Avoid Scoring Extra Calories With Super Bowl Snacks
Vegan Butcher Offers 'Meatless Meats'
Japan's Food Scandal Widens
Japanese Store Caught Attempting to Sell Contaminated Beef
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!