TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Teens spending heavily for perfect prom night
Hubble Space Telescope marks 25-year milestone
School assembly amazed by teacher's trick shot!
Tips on how to save at prom
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
7-week-old puppy rescued from pipe
Awwww! Baby horse cuddles with woman in viral clip
Poor pooch! Dog gets botched 'lion cut' from groomer
Baby giraffe stands for the first time, live on webcam
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
'Something Rotten' Broadway stars perform on plaza
'It Shoulda Been You' Broadway stars perform on plaza
'Chicago' Broadway stars perform 'Roxie' on plaza
'On the 20th Century' stage stars perform on TODAY
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Crane Helps Move 1,000 Pound Man to New Home
Blue Bell Launches Massive Recall
Building a Better Wheat
911 Dispatchers Step it up at Work
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!