1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Bill Cosby to stand trial: How likely is it he'll face time?
TSA chief set for Capitol Hill grilling over long security lines
Tornadoes tear through Plains: Flooding, wind - and a tale of survival
Donald Trump has contradicted every Clinton attack: Chuck Todd
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Learn how this baby deer was rescued by the police
Adorable dogs demonstrate tech to keep your pet safe this summer
6-year-old with autism has weekly reading date at animal shelter
Visiting the sloths at Costa Rica's sloth institute
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Blake Shelton gets the studio buzzing with 'Honey Bee'
Blake Shelton performs 'Friends' from 'Angry Birds' movie
Isac Elliot performs hit single 'What About Me'
'Tuck Everlasting' cast perform 'Partner in Crime' on the plaza
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Is frozen yogurt really healthier than ice cream? Real ways to cut calories
Weight loss tops the 2013 resolution list
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!