TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Boy Scouts leader: Ban on gay adult leaders 'not sustainable'
Heavy rains, flooding hit Texas
Dylan Dreyer: 'Brace yourself' for Memorial Day travel
'Dancing Man' gets down with Meghan Trainor on TODAY plaza
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Watch adorable lion cubs make zoo debut in Texas
Collars and bones for pets: Jill's Steals & Deals
Road-tripping guinea pig wins the Internet with adorable travelogue
Aww! Baby beluga whale born at Georgia Aquarium
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Meghan Trainor performs 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' on TODAY
Meghan Trainor performs 'Lips Are Movin' on TODAY
Meghan Trainor sings 'All About That Bass' on TODAY plaza
Meghan Trainor performs 'Dear Future Husband' on TODAY
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
America's "Fittest" Cities Are....
E.Coli Outbreak Traced to Dairy Festival
Minnesota National Guard Takes On Avian Flu
Crane Helps Move 1,000 Pound Man to New Home
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!