1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Catch up on the biggest stories of the week with The Download
Families upset over where Orlando shooter was buried
How will 'Brexit' vote affect US presidential election?
Obama: Relationship with UK will endure after 'Brexit'
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Meet this year's 'World's Ugliest Dog'
Watch these sea turtle hatchlings swim into the ocean
It's Take Your Dog to Work Day (so where are Bambino and Blake?)
Christian Slater on 'Mr. Robot,' 'Archer' and his favorite film he's made
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Steven Tyler performs 'Piece of My Heart' live on TODAY
Steven Tyler performs new song 'We're All Somebody from Somewhere'
Watch Steven Tyler perform 'Cryin'' on TODAY
Watch Macklemore and Mary Lambert perform 'Same Love' on TODAY
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Is frozen yogurt really healthier than ice cream? Real ways to cut calories
Weight loss tops the 2013 resolution list
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!