TODAY's Takeaway: Lion, tiger and bear are besties; Tim McGraw makes plaza swoon
1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
Man survives icy 70-foot plunge in HimalayasPlay Video
Strangers build stairs for 2-year-old with dwarfism
Whale of a catch! Humpback caught on camera in marina
Takata airbag recall is about to get larger
Charlie Keating IV, grandson of banker, identified as Navy SEAL killed by ISIS
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
Lion, tiger, bear share special bond at sanctuaryPlay Video
Paw-ternity leave: Some employers offer paid leave to new pet owners
Adorable kitten rescued from manhole
Adorable tiger cubs born at San Diego Zoo
Adorable orphaned puppy meets his new mother (a cat!)
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
Tim McGraw jokes on 6-pack photo: 'All airbrushed'Play Video
Scotty McCreery performs 'See You Tonight' on TODAY
Cast of 'The Color Purple' performs title number live on TODAY
Cast of Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' performs on the TODAY plaza
All-4-One performs 'I Swear' on the TODAY plaza
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
Jenna and Joy's 60-second tips to shape upPlay Video
Sick of Your Gym Spandex? This Fitness Brand Just Wants You To Have Fun
Choosing Your Cooking Oils
Walking Out On Working Out
Avoid Scoring Extra Calories With Super Bowl Snacks
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!